Long Only Fund
- Unlisted managed fund
- Concentrated portfolio of typically 15-30 long positions
- Long-term capital growth
- Inception July 2015
- View the Fact Sheet for more information
HOW TO INVEST
As at 20 September 2023. This fund is forward-priced. The price you receive is based on the close of market prices.
|Montaka Global Long Only Fund||MSCI World Net Total Return Index||Out/Under performance|
|2 years p.a.||-4.10%||5.30%||-9.39%|
|3 years p.a.||4.50%||13.30%||-8.80%|
|4 years p.a.||3.60%||11.50%||-7.92%|
|5 years p.a.||3.60%||10.70%||-7.14%|
|Since inception p.a.||7.50%||11.00%||-3.47%|
As at 31 Aug 2023
Fund inception date: 1 July 2015
Performance is net of fees and assumes distributions are reinvested. Past performance is not an indicator of future performance.
Growth of $100,000 invested since inception
Our administrator, Fundhost, has a portal that investors can access to see their balance and download all statements. Once invested, you will be given registration details.
By visiting the above link, investors can:
- View their holding detail
- Access and update information relating to dividend and transaction history
- View balances, download tax statements, access all forms.
P: 02 8223 5400
F: +61 2 9251 3525
|Date||Distribution (A$) per unit||Reinvestment per unit|
|June 2022||8.6869 cents||$0.9359|
|June 2021||1.0462 cents||$1.32|
|June 2020||2.3207 cents||$1.10|
|June 2019||15.5592 cents||$1.17|
|June 2018||7.5200 cents||$1.23|
|June 2017||12.0993 cents||$1.09|
The Montaka Global Long Only Fund will typically invest in an all-cap portfolio of 15 to 30 high quality businesses listed on major global stock exchanges with a focus on North America, Western Europe, the United Kingdom, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia.
If an insufficient number of individual company names are appealing in terms of the prevailing share price relative to the Montaka Global’s assessment of their intrinsic value, we may consider the overall market ‘expensive’ and in an effort to preserve the market value of the portfolio, may allow the cash component of the portfolio to build.
The component of The Fund that can be held in cash has a hard limit of 20% of funds under management.
Montaka Global may, on occasion, hedge the Fund against movements in the Australian Dollar and other currencies, but the default position is to remain unhedged.
Montaka Global Long Only Fund is an unlisted managed fund that issues you with units. Montaka Global Long Only Equities Fund (ASX:MOGL) is a listed fund, quoted on the ASX, and issue investors with units that can be traded at any time through an online trading account or through a stock broker.
While they are completely different trusts under separate investment vehicles, both funds share the same common investment strategy and we expect that performance will closely follow the equivalent listed Montaka Global Long Only Equities Fund (ASX:MOGL), as it maintains the same investment strategy, investment process and substantially the same portfolio.
A minimum initial investment of $25,000 is required.
You may also arrange to add to your initial investment through a lump sum additional investment, for which there is a minimum of $1,000, or direct debit monthly savings plan, requiring a minimum investment of $500 per month. This is processed on the 15th of each month or the next business day.
Any income distributions are paid semi-annually (as at 30 June and 31 December each year) and can be reinvested in full or paid out entirely to the financial institution account nominated on your application form. We distribute all taxable income to investors each year, including any taxable capital gains. Distributions may also carry imputation or other tax credits. There may be periods when net income could be negative and no distribution is made.
Our administrator, Fundhost, has a new investor portal that investors can access to see their balance and download statements. Once invested, you will be given registration details. For any historical statements, prior to FY23, statements can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Access the Fundhost client log in here: Log In.
To redeem your holding, simply fill out the form and have it signed by the relevant signatory on the account. If Fundhost are paying to a bank account they have on file, they can accept a faxed or scanned copy of the redemption request. If not, then you need to return the original to the below address:
PO Box N561
GROSVENOR PLACE NSW 1220
Click below to download:
For any questions, please call Fundhost on 02 8223 5400
Notice period: In normal circumstances, redemptions are processed daily, with funds generally received back to the investor within 2 business days. The cut off to receive your redemption request to receive that days price is 4pm Sydney time. Please refer to the PDS for more information.
If you do not have an SMSF and want to invest your personal superannuation into the Montaka funds, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to guide you through the process.
No commissions are paid by us to any financial advisers or brokers.
REQUEST A CALL
Montaka Global Pty Ltd AFSL: ABN 62 604 878 533, AFSL No. 516942 (previously known as MGIM Pty Ltd) is the investment manager and can be reached on 02 7202 0100 or email at email@example.com
- You should read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Target Market Determination (TMD) before deciding to acquire the product.
- Units in the Montaka Global Long Only Fund are issued by the Fund’s responsible entity Fund host Limited (ABN 69 092 517 087) (AFSL: 233045).
- Copies of the PDS and TMD are available for download on this web page under the 'Documents' header. Before making any decision to make or hold any investment in the Fund you should consider the PDS in full. An investment in the Fund must be through a valid application form attached to the PDS. You should not base an investment decision simply on past performance. Past performance is not an indicator of future performance. The investment returns of the Fund are not guaranteed, and so the value of an investment may rise or fall.
- The information provided is general in nature and does not take into account your investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs. You should consider your own investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs before acting upon this information and consider seeking advice from a licensed financial advisor if necessary.